1. Terms of the Policy
c) Mighty Bean Co. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. In the case it is discovered that a child under 13 has provided the Agency with personal information, Mighty Bean Co. will immediately delete it from its servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Mighty Bean Co. with personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the Agency might remove your child’s personal information.
d) In order to help Mighty Bean Co. maintain and ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date, you must inform the Agency, without delay, of any change in the information you provided.
2. Personal Information
a) The personal information that Mighty Bean Co. collects includes:
- Your first and last name;
- City in which you are located;
- Email address;
- Credit card payment information;
- Your business name and information regarding your business’ organizational structure; and
- Any other information required in accordance with applicable legislation. (the “Data”)
b) Mighty Bean Co. may collect personal information through the following means:
- Directly from you/the User;
- Electronic devices;
- Third-party sources.
c) Your Data may be used for purposes including but not limited to:
- Connecting with you to provide the Services;
- Providing the Services to you;
- Completing the subscription opt-in process;
- Administering promotions;
- Administering, billing, and collecting funds in relation to your use of Website or the Services;
- Protecting against fraud or error;
- Communicating with you to fulfill requests and ensure satisfaction;
- Fulfilling the terms of a warranty or agreement;
d) To help Might Bean Co. monitor and improve the Website quality, the Agency may collect your computer or mobile phone’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to its Website, information you search for on the Website, locale preferences, transactions date and time, operating system information, as well as metadata concerning your Data such as software of origin and typology.
e) Mighty Bean Co. will always seek your consent before or at the time that it collects personal information. The Agency may collect information about you from a third party if you have consented to that third party to release your information, for example, for payment or credit card processing. The Agency may also utilize the services of third parties and may receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of the Services. Mighty Bean Co. requires all third parties to provide confirmation that they are authorized to release your information.
f) Mighty Bean Co. is the sole and exclusive owner of the Data and will not sell, share, lease, or otherwise distribute or disclose the Data in any way other than as disclosed by this Policy. Data may be collected through multiple pages on the Website.
3. Authorized Disclosure and Use
a) Mighty Bean Co. discloses personally-identifying information, namely, the Data you provide and such personal information as the Agency lawfully receives from third-party sources (“Personal Information”) only to its contractors and affiliated organizations and third parties that need to know that Personal Information to process it on Mighty Bean Co.’s behalf or to provide the Services, and that have agreed not to disclose it to Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations and third parties may be located outside of Canada and/or outside your jurisdiction. By using the Website or the Services, you consent to the disclosure of Personal Information to them for purposes including but not limited to:
- Providing the Services;
- Processing your payment;
- Managing and administering your access to the Services;
- Sending marketing and promotional communications;
- Conducting feedback and user surveys;
b) Mighty Bean Co. may also use your Personal Information, specifically your contact information, including but not limited to your name and email address, with your consent for the following purposes:
- to send you content as a member of Mighty Bean Co.’s Mighty Bean Talk mailing list;
- to send you newsletters;
- to inform you of surveys and provide associated notices and updates;
- to inform you of special offers from partners and select third parties and to provide associated notices and updates;
- to inform you of updates to the Website and Services;
c) Your Personal Information may also be used and disclosed:
- to comply with valid legal proceedings;
- to respond to a complaint or dispute;
- during an emergency situation where health or safety is at risk;
- to protect the rights of Mighty Bean Co.;
- to prevent fraud or abuse of Mighty Bean Co. or its Users;
- to protect the safety of any individual from injury or death;
- as required by the Agency’s professional advisors;
- where the personal information is publicly available; or with your consent.
In such event, only the minimum amount of personal information required to fulfill the contemplated purpose will be disclosed.
d) Collected Information and Cookies may be used in aggregate form to assess how users use the Website. Your consent will always be sought prior to Cookies being allowed from the Website.
e) When you contact Mighty Bean Co. to obtain support, the Agency may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing and reserve the right to publish it without any way to identify its origin, to help us support other Users.
f) If Mighty Bean Co. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Data and Personal Information may be transferred as part of that the Agency will notify you via email and a notice on its websites of any change in control or use of your Data and/or Personal Information. Mighty Bean Co. will also notify you of choices you may have regarding the Data and Personal Information.
g) Mighty Bean Co. may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, such as publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, Mighty Bean Co. may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of its Website. The Agency will never disclose data that may personally identify you without your prior written consent.
h) You may change or withdraw your consent, or update your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing to email@example.com. Mighty Bean Co. may terminate any services to you immediately if you withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information. The Agency may require that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself before the Agency complies with any request regarding Personal Information or Data stored by Mighty Bean Co. The Agency will use all reasonable efforts to respond to user requests in a timely manner.
4. Retention of Data and Information
a) You may change or update your privacy preferences by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes:
- Updating your address and personal information;
- Subscribing or unsubscribing to marketing and promotional communications; and
- Updating your credit card information.
b) Mighty Bean Co. will retain your information for as long as needed. The Agency uses industry-standard encryption and security standards to protect your information. Once the Services you have purchased are deemed to have been rendered in the sole discretion of Mighty Bean Co., your Data will be deleted automatically within 30 days. If you wish to request the deletion of your Data, you may request such deletion by emailing email@example.com.
c) Mighty Bean Co. may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Consistent with these requirements, Mighty Bean Co. will endeavour to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from the Agency’s servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion.
d) If a specific purpose is stated on the Website for the collection of information from you, the information collected will only be stored and used for that stated purpose. Your information will not be used for any other purpose, which is not stated explicitly on the Website.
e) Mighty Bean Co. will not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. The Agency generally assumes that information that you provide is accurate. If information you give is inconsistent with other information you’ve given or with information that is available in public records or from other sources that Mighty Bean Co. is permitted by law or agreement to use, the Agency will use reasonable efforts to make sure that the information it processes is accurate.
f) Mighty Bean Co. may refuse to provide access to information to the extent that disclosure is likely to interfere with the safeguarding of important countervailing public interests, such as national security; defense; or public security. Other reasons for denying or limiting access are:
- Interference with execution or enforcement of the law, including the prevention, investigation or detection of offences or the right to a fair trial;
- Interference with private causes of action, including the prevention, investigation, or detection of legal claims or the right to a fair trial;
- Disclosure of personal information pertaining to other individual(s) where such references cannot be redacted;
- Breaching a legal or other professional privilege or obligation;
- Breaching the necessary confidentiality of future or ongoing negotiations, such as those involving the acquisition of publicly quoted companies;
- Prejudicing employee security investigations or grievance proceedings;
- Prejudicing the confidentiality that may be necessary for limited periods in connection with employee succession planning and corporate reorganizations;
- Prejudicing the confidentiality that may be necessary in connection with monitoring, inspection or regulatory functions connected with sound economic or financial management; or
- Other circumstances in which the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate or the legitimate rights or interests of others would be violated.
5. Usage Data
a) Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as your mobile device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Mighty Bean Co.’s Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
b) When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, Mighty Bean Co. may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
c) Mighty Bean Co. may also collect information that your browser sends whenever You visit its Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
b) Mighty Bean Co. or its hosting provider may collect traffic information and information about your visit in a log file on a server. Log file information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. The Agency or its hosting provider use this information to analyze trends, administer sites, track aggregations of users’ movements, and gather demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses and other log file information are not connected to personally identifiable information.
c) Mighty Bean Co. may also collect information from web beacons, which indicate whether you visited a certain page on a website, opened a promotional email, or clicked on an online advertisement.
d) Mighty Bean Co. may collect geographic location from your mobile device or IP number to determine the nearest store or suggest specific product shipping offerings.
e) The Website is not designed to recognize “Do Not Track” requests from web browsers.
Mighty Bean Co. may from time to time use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of its Website.
With your prior consent, Mighty Bean Co. may use your Data to contact you by newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Mighty Bean Co. by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email Mighty Bean Co. sends or by contacting the Agency.
Mighty Bean Co. may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
8. Third-party Applications
b) Mighty Bean Co. may share your information with a third-party application with your prior written consent, for example for payment processing. Mighty Bean Co. accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any third party. Please refer to the privacy policies published on any third-party sites, which you may access through the Website before submitting personal information to them.
The security of your Data and Personal Information is extremely important. Mighty Bean Co. follows the generally accepted standards held within its industry to protect submitted information, both during transmission and once it is received. Data is stored on internal, external, and encrypted online servers, protected with firewalls, malware protection, and multiple backup points. However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Mighty Bean Co. cannot and does not guarantee absolute security. Unless specific contractual arrangements are made with you, the Agency may process your Data on a server located outside your jurisdiction.
11. Privacy Officer
The Privacy Officer for Mighty Bean Co. is Adrienne Martin. Should you have any questions about this policy, including any complaints, you may contact her Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mighty Bean Co. reserves the right to charge a reasonable amount to respond to requests to produce transcripts, copies, or transfers of its Data or your Personal Information. You will be notified prior to being assessed a charge for such services.
14. Governing Law
16. No Waiver
17. Agreement to Terms of Policy
By using the Website and/or providing information to Mighty Bean Co., you accept and agree to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described hereinabove.